Very tasty and beautiful dish from eggplant. The eggplant itself not very tasty but after braising with pork, it has great harmony taste of meat, vegetable and garlic. This dish is very good to serve with rice, especially for vegetarian.
eggplant with pork
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2: Large eggplant, weighing about 400 g
- 125 g: lean pork, finely minced
- 1 cm: Galangal, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons: Nuoc cham sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon: Pepper
- 1 clove: Garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon: Oil
- 4 sprigs: Coriander (cilantro) leaves, to garnish
- Prick the eggplant several times with a fork.
- Grill or bake in a preheated oven, 190oC (375oF), Gas Mark 5, for about 35 minutes for large ones and 25 minutes for small ones or until they are soft. You do not want to let the skin burn.
- Allow them to cool, then peel them and cut in half lengthways.
- While the eggplant are cooking and cooling, mix the minced pork in a bowl with the galangal, nuoc cham sauce, pepper and garlic. Leave to stand for 35 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat. Quickly stir fry the minced pork and all its marinate. Divide the minced meat into 4 portions.
- Arrange the eggplant on 4 individual plates and top with the mince.
- Garnish with coriander sprigs and serve with light soy sauce and nuoc cham sauce to taste.
Very impressive vegetable ingredient and I am sure that everyone will like this. The vegetable will absorb the beautiful taste of curry, garlic, lemongrass and the sweet of coconut milk. It can be served very well with rice or French baguette.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2: Green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 3 cloves: Garlic, crushed
- 75 ml: Oil
- 2 stalks: Lemon grass
- 45 g: Curry powder
- 5 g: Shrimp paste (optional)
- 2: Dried chili peppers, chopped
- 250 ml: Coconut milk
- 250 ml: Broth
- 1 tablespoon: Fish sauce
- 2: Lime leaves
- 115 g: Carrots
- 115 g: Green beans
- 225 g: New potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1: Eggplant
- ¼: Salt
- Prepare vegetables. Remove outer leaves and tough tops and trim ends of lemon grass. Slice as finely as possible.
- Trim beans and peel carrots. Cut both vegetables diagonally into 1 1/2 in pieces.
- Slice eggplant into 1 in rounds, salt, let stand 10 minutes. Drain liquid and quarter each round.
- Heat oil in a heavy based pan, add green onions (scallions) and garlic. Sauté until just golden.
- Add curry powder, shrimp paste if desired, lemon grass and chili peppers. Cook for 6 minutes.
- Add broth, coconut milk, Fish sauce and lime leaves o citrus peel. Cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, add carrots, potatoes, beans and eggplant.
- Partially cover and simmer until vegetables are tender and liquid has reduced.
Very popular and healthy dishes from Vietnam. You can find this dish in most of the meal in any family in Vienam. The know-how for the good dish here is garlic. It can create beautiful flavor for this dish.
Fried water spinach with garlic
Ingredients: Serves 3-4
- 400 g: Water spinach
- 5 cloves: Garlic
- 1 tablespoon: Rice wine
- 1 teaspoon: Salt
- Remove the young leaves of the water spinach and snap the stems into sections, rinse off the dirt, soak in salt water for 10 minutes and drain.
- Crush the garlic.
- Add some oil to a pan and swirl to coat the pan with oil. Then heat 1 tablespoon oil in the pan and stir fry the garlic.
- Stir fry the water spinach over high heat until cooked.
- Add the Seasoning, stir well and serve.