Authentic and delicacy dish from squid. It contain the great combination of squid and pork and the taste of these really get on well. This is one of my most favorite dish from squid.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 25 g: bean thread vermicelli, soaked then cut into short strands
- 15 g: black fungus, soaked then shredded
- 225 g: minced lean pork
- 2: spring onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon: fish sauce
- 1: egg, beaten
- 8-12: small squid, headless, cleaned
- 1-2 tablespoons: vegetable oil
- lettuce leaves
- Spicy Fish Sauce, as a dip
- salt and ground black pepper
- In a bowl, mix vermicelli, fungus, pork, salt, pepper, spring onions, fish sauce and egg. Fill squid with stuffing mixture, then steam them for 25-30 minutes. Remove squid from the steamer. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry stuffed squid for 3-4 minutes, turning once. Serve hot on a bed of lettuce with Spicy Fish Sauce as a dip.
- Squid are sometimes available ready cleaned, with tentacles still attached. If wished, the squid can be steamed in advance and then fried just before serving.