Very easy made and popular dish in many Vietnamese families. It can be served as the soup or the broth to have with rice. You can have it either in the winter or summer time.
tomato and egg soup
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 200 g: Minced (ground) pork
- 1/4 teaspoon: Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon: Ground white pepper
- 1 liter: Water or stock
- 2: Tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2: Eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon: Fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon: Sugar
- 1 teaspoon: Chicken seasoning powder
- For garnishing
- 1: Spring onion (scallions), chopped
- Marinate minced pork with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring water or stock to the boil then scoop minced pork in teaspoon by teaspoon so it does not clump together.
- Add tomatoes
- Pour eggs in through a sieve and stir to get egg ribbons.
- Stir in fish sauce, sugar, chicken seasoning powder and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Garnish with spring onion (scallion).
- Serve hot with steamed rice.