Simple but very authentic and popular dish from Mekong Delta. The coconut milk brings very different and fresh taste to the shrimp and you also can cook this dish anywhere around the world.
- 1: Young coconut, fresh coconut juice, reserve the coconut
- 1 teaspoon: Sugar
- 12: Tiger shrimps
- 10 sheets: Vietnamese rice paper, sprinkled with water to soften
- 25 g: Dried fried rice vermicelli, sprinkled with water to soften
- 1 tablespoon: Chopped peanuts (groundnuts)
- 1 sprig: Lettuce leaves
- 1 spring: Mint leaves
- ¼: Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 150 g: Pickled carrot and radish
- Boil coconut juice and sugar.
- Stir until sugar is melted.
- Add shrimps and boil for 10 minutes until shrimps turn red and are cooked. Drain and remove shrimps.
- Pour juice back into coconut and hang shrimps around coconut.
- Place a serving plate with rice paper, rice vermicelli, peanuts, lettuce, mint leaves, cucumber and seasoned lime juice to serve.
- To assemble, lay a sheet of rice paper on a plate. Arrange lettuce, mint leaves, cucumber, pickled carrot and radish, rice vermicelli, peanuts and a peeled shrimp on top.
- Roll up and dip into seasoned lime juice before eating.