For Vietnamese people, chicken is always one of the most delicacy meats in our meal. All the special occasion in the family or in the wedding party, food for worshiping to the ancestors, we must have chicken in the tray. Chicken with lemongrass is very popular in our restaurant and it seems to be very tasty food for traveler to try. And it also not very difficult to make it.
Chicken with Lemon Grass
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 450 g: boned and skinned chicken fillet, cut into bite sized slices or cubes
- 1 teaspoon: minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons: finely chopped lemon grass
- 1 tablespoon: sugar
- 1 teaspoon: chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons: fish sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons: vegetable oil
- 1: small onion, sliced
- 1-2: small red chilies, seeded and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix chicken with salt, pepper, garlic, lemon grass, sugar, chili sauce and 1 tablespoon fish sauce and marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a wok of frying pan and stir fry onion slices for about 1 minute until opaque.
3. Add chicken pieces, stir to separate them, then add remaining fish sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes until color of chicken changes.
4. Add 55 ml water to marinade bowl to rinse out, then add to chicken.
5. Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute.
6. Garnish with chopped chilies and serve.